- LG a9 GEN 2 INTELLIGENT PROCESSOR 8K: images, action and color to new life utilizing 6-step noise reduction. Empowered by AI at its core for the ultimate in 8K picture quality and sound enhancement.
- LG THINQ, ALEXA AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology
- DOLBY VISION AND DOLBY ATMOS: Transform your TV into an entertainment powerhouse Advanced image and sound technologies inspired by the cinema optimize picture and sound for a spectacular, more lifelike experience in every scene; The ultra vivid picture and powerful, moving audio seem to flow all around you
- REAL 8K OLED: OLED pixels deliver perfect black and infinite contrast, bringing out shadow detail in the darkest scenes. That’s the power of 33 million individually lit pixels that can brighten, dim or power off completely in LG OLED TVs.
- AI-DESIGNED SOUND BY POWERED BY DEEP LEARNING: AI helped create a processor customized for LG OLED TV audio. The revolutionary α9 Gen 2 8K Intelligent Processor upscales 2 channel audio to virtual 5. 1 surround sound.
- AIRPLAY 2: with AirPlay 2 built in, you can effortlessly cast anthing from Apple iPhone or laptop to your LG AI TV
In these troubled times, perhaps no institution has unraveled more quickly and more completely than American medicine. In only a few decades, the medical system has been overrun by organizations seeking to exploit for profit the trust that vulnerable and sick Americans place in their healthcare. Our politicians have proven themselves either unwilling or incapable of reining in the increasingly outrageous costs faced by patients, and market-based solutions only seem to funnel larger and larger sums of our money into the hands of corporations. Impossibly high insurance premiums and inexplicably large bills have become facts of life; fatalism has set in. Very quickly Americans have been made to accept paying more for less. How did things get so bad so fast? Breaking down this monolithic business into the individual industries—the hospitals, doctors, insurance companies, and drug manufacturers—that together constitute our healthcare system, Rosenthal exposes the recent evolution of American medicine as never before. How did healthcare, the caring endeavor, become healthcare, the highly profitable industry? Hospital systems, which are managed by business executives, behave like predatory lenders, hounding patients and seizing their homes. Research charities are in bed with big pharmaceutical companies, which surreptitiously profit from the donations made by working people. Patients receive bills in code, from entrepreneurial doctors they never even saw. The system is in tatters, but we can fight back. Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal doesn't just explain the symptoms, she diagnoses and treats the disease itself. In clear and practical terms, she spells out exactly how to decode medical doublespeak, avoid the pitfalls of the pharmaceuticals racket, and get the care you and your family deserve. She takes you inside the doctor-patient relationship and to hospital C-suites, explaining step-by-step the workings of a system badly lacking transparency. This is about what we can do, as individual patients, both to navigate the maze that is American healthcare and also to demand far-reaching reform. An American Sickness is the frontline defense against a healthcare system that no longer has our well-being at heart.